In an emergency, it's comforting to know that medical care is close to home. The Emergency Department of Story Medical is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide care when you or your family need it most. We have highly experienced and emergency trained providers and nursing staff to care for your illness or injury.
About our Emergency Department
- Story County's only helipad for the efficient transfer of critical patients
- Level IV Trauma Center who has demonstrated ability to provide advanced trauma life support before transferring to a higher level trauma center
- Medical providers available on site to meet your emergent needs 24/7/365
- 5 private exam rooms
The Story Medical Emergency Department is located just one block off Highway 30 at the 19th Street exit. The Emergency entrance is located on the north side of the medical center.
Ambulance and Mobile Intensive Care Unit (MICU)
Story County Medical Center’s Mobile Intensive Care Unit (MICU) offers services to Story County. We work closely with our local fire and police departments to provide complete community care.
MICU offers paramedic services 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for a variety of medical needs and emergencies. They include:
- 911 calls responding to all areas within Story County
- Inter-facility emergency transport
- Routine scheduled transfers to other hospitals and healthcare organizations, including long-term care and assisted living
- EMS coverage of mass events in community
- In-hospital emergency response for cardiac arrests
- Training and education to area first responders and emergency medical services personnel