Story Medical Clinic Works to Ensure Continued Access to Care During Pandemic
NEVADA, IOWA – Story Medical Clinic in Nevada has adjusted its services to ensure continued, convenient access to primary care services in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“This has been a challenge unlike anything we’ve ever seen,” says Art Check, DO, FAAFP, one of Story Medical Clinic’s eight providers. “In making these service changes, we are being proactive to ensure our patients can continue to receive care in an environment that is in line with recommendations for social distancing and segregating patients who are ill from those who are seeing us for follow-up care or well checks.”
For the foreseeable future, Story Medical Clinic will provide the vast majority of its services from its Nevada location. A small number of well checks will be performed by appointment only at the Maxwell location, which is temporarily closed to walk-in patients.
The service changes include:
- Well-checks and follow-up care: Provided from current Story Medical Clinic in Nevada.
- Non-respiratory illness and minor injury care: Provided from a dedicated space at Story Medical Clinic in Nevada.
- Respiratory illness: Drive-thru clinic provided by appointment only on west side of Story Medical Center.
- Select services and follow-up care not requiring in person interaction: Provided via secure telemedicine connection.
- Emergency care: Provided 24/7 from the Story Medical Emergency Department on the north side of Story Medical Center
“We understand that our patients are unsure about seeking care during this pandemic,” Dr. Check says. “Our message to them is that we are ready to safely and efficiently serve them. These service adjustments ensure that our patients don’t have to question whether they should call for an appointment. We are here for them as we’ve always been and committed to continuing to provide the same level of care we always have.”
Story Medical Clinic is located one block south of Highway 30 at 640 South 19th Street in Nevada. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call (515) 382-5413.
About Story Medical:
For 60 years, Story County Medical Center, Story Medical Clinics and Story Medical Senior Care have been the trusted providers of high-quality, local healthcare services for the residents of Story County. Their modern South Campus creates a healing environment that matches the personalized care and clinical expertise of its medical staff. Visit www.StoryMedical.org for more information.