Functional Area: Respiratory Therapy
Department: Respiratory Therapy
City/State: Nevada, IA
Employment Type: PRN
The Respiratory Therapist interviews and examines patients with breathing or cardiopulmonary disorders. In addition, the Respiratory Therapist consults with physicians to develop patient treatment plans. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the development of respiratory therapy under general supervision.
- Perform routine and intensive respiratory treatment and diagnostic testing.
- Set up and maintain respiratory therapy equipment.
- Attend continuing education programs to improve performance and maintain licensure.
- Review and enter charges within the electronic medical record system.
- Communicate with health care team and general public in a tactful and professional way to enhance the image of Story Medical.
- Maintain effective communication with nursing staff, medical staff, and other hospital departments.
- Completion of an American Medical Association approved Respiratory Therapy program.
- Certified or Registered through the National Board for Respiratory Therapy.
- Knowledge of respiratory therapy and intensive care procedures.
- Knowledge of emergency equipment operation and maintenance.
- Ability to operate and maintain respiratory therapy equipment, as well as ability to adapt equipment to provide for the patient's care.
Benefits: Story Medical offers the following great benefits to all it's employees!
- Free access to Story Medical's onsite wellness center
- Iowa Public Employee Retirement System (IPERS)
- Onsite Cafeteria
- Family-Like Environment!
Story County Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment, post-offer physical and drug screen required.