Patient Service Representative (PSR)
Functional Area: Nevada Clinic
City/State: Nevada, IA
Employment Type: Regular, Full Time
Provides medical reception and clerical support. Registers patients, answers telephone, collects patient balances and co-pays, updates patient information in electronic medical records. Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates on-going patient flow through the clinic process enduring efficient and effective continuity
- Registers patients, prepares encounter forms, updates patient demographic and insurance information
- Follows prescribed procedure for the organization and maintenance of the medical record (i.e. retrieval, filing, creation, repair and organization of medical records as needed for paper charts).
- Perform open and closing duties of clinic
- Ensures patients are scheduled for future visits
- Maintains effective communication with nursing staff, medical staff and all other hospital departments
Two positions available:
- One, regular 38 hour position available.
- One, regular 30 hour position available.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Previous medical secretary or other secretarial experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical office practices and procedures.
- BCLS verification required within 60 days of employment.
- Knowledge of computer programs required.
- Must have good interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
Story County Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment, post-offer physical and drug screen required.