Perioperative RN (Days)
Functional Area: Outpatient Surgery & Specialty Clinic
Department: Outpatient Surgery & Specialty Clinic
City/State: Nevada, IA
Employment Type: Regular, Full Time
The Perioperative RN provides nursing care to patients in the perioperative setting, same day surgery, circulate, recovery and endoscopy. Additional responsibilities include:
- Prepares patients for surgical or specialty procedures.
- Scrubs and circulates on surgical cases.
- Provides patient education, maintains knowledge of surgical equipment and functioning.
- Provides a safe environment for the patient by implementing and following standard surgical protocol.
- Prepares for surgical cases efficiently by anticipating the needs of patients, surgeons, and other OR members.
- Provides necessary information specific to each specialized clinic (i.e. taking patients to rooms, obtaining vitals, weight, background information etc.).
- Performs sterilization of instruments and supplies when needed.
- On presentation and throughout examination, obtains subjective/objective data through interviewing patient/significant other
**$2,000 Sign On Bonus**
- Graduate from an accredited and approved nursing program
- Current RN license in state of Iowa
- Previous perioperative experience highly preferred
- BCLS certified within 60 days of hire
- Mandatory Reporter completed within 90 days of hire
Benefits: In addition to Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Health Savings Accounts (HSA), Group Accident & Critical Illness insurance, and disability coverage, Story Medical also offers the following benefits to it's employees:
- Up to $2,000 in Professional Development Assistance
- Free access to Story Medical's onsite wellness center
- Generous PTO Accrual Plan
- Iowa Public Employee Retirement System (IPERS)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Onsite Cafeteria
- Family-Like Environment!
Story County Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment, post-offer physical and drug screen required.