Patient Care Technician (PCT)
Functional Area: Med Surg
City/State: Nevada, IA
Employment Type: PRN
Performs routine patient care duties and related work duties as required:
- Knows cardinal signs and symptoms, recognizes and reports to the nurse assigned to the patient, any abnormalities noted and problems voiced by the patients
- Performs routine, non-professional, bedside patient care within hospital policies and procedures, under the supervision of a nurse
- Assists patients, families, and visitors with various needs to enhance customer service
- Visually assesses patient safety needs
- Performs simple and complex procedures, i.e., activities of daily living, specimen collection, glucometer checks, clear infusion totals, prime non-medicated IV tubing, oxygen tanks, removal of dressings, discontinue foley catheters, discontinue IVs, and other procedures/techniques
- Initiates BLS in emergency situations
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance at work
- Completion of 75-hour Certified Nursing Assistant training program
- Completion of 120 hour course work in a hospital setting
- High school education or equivalent education
- BCLS certified within 60 days of hire
- Mandatory Reporter completed within 90 days of hire
Benefits: Story Medical offers the following great benefits to all it's employees!
- Free access to Story Medical's onsite wellness center
- Iowa Public Employee Retirement System (IPERS)
- Onsite Cafeteria
- Family-Like Environment!
Story County Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment, post-offer physical and drug screen required.