Occupational Health Services Representative
Functional Area: Occupational Health
Department: Occupational Health
City/State: Nevada, IA
Employment Type: PRN, hours as needed
As the first point of contact to the clinic, employ customer service skills to build a positive relationship with patients and clients served. Demonstrate ability to effectively manage multi-tasked details by registering and discharging patients from clinics visits, scheduling all appointments, answering multi-line phones, scanning chart information into the EMR, selecting patient orders and associated charges per client/insurance protocol, processing paperwork for orders/referrals, maintaining medical records, providing insurance claim verification information and initiating billing procedures for all patient visits.
- High school education or equivalent required
- Previous experience in a medical setting with knowledge of registration, billing, and financial counseling preferred
- Computer or typing experience preferred
- BCLS certified within 60 days of hire
- Mandatory Reporter completed within 90 days of hire
Story County Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment, post-offer physical and drug screen required.