Occupational Health RN
Functional Area: Occupational Health
Department: Occupational Health
City/State: Nevada, IA
Employment Type: PRN, hours as needed
Responsible for providing direct care to employees and other personnel who become ill and /or are injured on company property. Perform nursing assessments and assist physician with employment and surveillance examinations. Educate employees on health/wellness/safety related topics through individual discussions or group training. Communicate effectively with other peers for continuity of care; patients for injury care instruction; and other in personnel and safety with a need to know.
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing for Registered Nurses with current Iowa license.
- Achieve and maintain certification in Occupational Health Nursing (COHN or COHN-s), Hearing Conservation (CAOHC), Pulmonary Function Testing, and NIOSH approved Spirometry Training within six months of hire.
- BCLS certification required within 60 days of employment.
- Knowledge of the nursing practice act and standards of care.
- Proficient ability to use computer.
Story County Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment, post-offer physical and drug screen required.