Functional Area: Laundry
Department: Environmental Services - North Campus
City/State: Nevada, IA
Employment Type: Regular, Full Time
Responsible for proper separation, processing, distribution, and recording of all linen items. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Collect dirty linens from designated areas.
- Sort, wash, dry, and fold linens.
- Distribute clean linens to appropriate areas.
- Appropriately handle clean linen to ensure compliance with state and federal standards, as well as Story Medical policies.
- Follow outlined guidelines on the use and storage of all cleaning solutions and other hazardous chemicals to insure proper safety precautions are being followed.
- Keep all areas of the laundry room clean and dust free.
Regular, full time position with hours Monday through Friday and every other weekend from 5:00am to 1:30pm.
- High school education or equivalent desirable, but must be able to read, write, and follow both oral and written instructions
- Previous laundry experience preferred, but not required
Benefits: In addition to Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Health Savings Accounts (HSA), Group Accident & Critical Illness insurance, and disability coverage, Story Medical also offers the following benefits to it's employees:
- Up to $2,000 in Professional Development Assistance
- Free access to Story Medical's onsite wellness center
- Generous PTO Accrual Plan
- Iowa Public Employee Retirement System (IPERS)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Onsite Cafeteria
- Family-Like Environment!
Story County Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment, post-offer physical and drug screen required.