Human Resources Intern
Functional Area: Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
City/State: Nevada, IA
Employment Type: Summer Internship
This internship is a paid internship for the summer of 2021. The Human Resources Intern's responsibilities will include updating employee records, filing and scanning HR documents, participating in policy and job description review, drafting employee communications for policy and procedural changes, participating in employee engagement projects, and participating in day-to-day HR operations. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Update databases by inputting new employee contact information and employment details.
- Assist with screening potential employees' resumes and application forms to identify suitable candidates to fill company job vacancies.
- Organize and scan employee personnel records.
- Assist with posting job advertisements to job boards and social media platforms.
- Assist the HR staff in gathering market salary information.
- Assist in the planning of Story County Medical Center leadership development and employee engagement events.
- Assist with coordinating new hire orientations.
- Assist with day-to-day HR operations.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all patient, resident, personnel information, and all other hospital information.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or pursuing a degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
- Proven experience in an office environment.
- Familiarity with HRIS (Human Resources Information System) software is helpful.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent administrative, organizational, and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Benefits: Story Medical offers the following benefits to all it's employees:
- Free access to Story Medical's onsite wellness center
- Onsite Cafeteria
- Family-Like Environment!
Story County Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment, post-offer physical and drug screen required.