Functional Area: Administration
City/State: Nevada, IA
Employment Type: Full Time
The Foundation Coordinator acts as a liaison between the Foundation Board of Directors and Story County Medical Center. The Foundation Coordinator will manage campaigns and fundraising drives, oversee the administration of special events and donor communication, and solicit proposals for grants. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors and VP of Development to create a fundraising action plan, which will increase revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Coordinate fundraising strategies and own responsibility for major fundraising programs.
- Assist in the development of fundraising goals and soliciting funds and donors.
- Plan and coordinate special fundraising events to generate funds for the organization.
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved.
- Identify and develop new fundraising opportunities.
- Identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects for the organization's fundraising priorities.
- Develop an annual fundraising program.
- Develop an employee fundraising program.
- Prepare and submit grant applications to generate funds for the organization.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to potential donors and stakeholders.
- Oversee the administration of a donor mailing list and database, which respects the privacy and confidentiality of donor information.
- Identify new potential donors and organize initiatives to solicit funding.
- Steward existing donor relationships and develop strategies to grow those relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in development preferred
- Knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques and major gift fundraising
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Possess skills to work with and motivate staff, board members, and other volunteers
- Previous event planning experience
Benefits: In addition to Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Health Savings Accounts (HSA), Group Accident & Critical Illness insurance, and disability coverage, Story Medical also offers the following benefits to it's employees:
- Up to $2,000 in Professional Development Assistance
- Free access to Story Medical's onsite wellness center
- Generous PTO Accrual Plan
- Iowa Public Employee Retirement System (IPERS)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Onsite Cafeteria
- Family-Like Environment!
Story County Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment, post-offer physical and drug screen required.