Food Service Worker (PRN)
Functional Area: North Campus
Department: Food & Nutrition Services
City/State: Nevada, IA
Employment Type: PRN, Weekend Hours Available
Under general supervision, sets up and prepares equipment for food preparation, delivers meals to residents, and is responsible for cleaning the work area in the kitchen and in the dining area. Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Accurately and attractively portions foods as specified in recipe and/or menu
- Consistently check holding temperature of food to ensure safety and keep within sanitation guidelines
- Review menu and production sheets for necessary preparation
- Operate dish machine following established policies and procedures
- Wash and sanitize pots, pans, and food preparation utensils following policies and procedures
- Clean the kitchen according to duties assigned on cleaning schedule using correct cleaning and sanitizing procedures
- Consistently follow food safety guidelines through appropriate hand hygiene, food labeling, and other safe food practices
- Must be able to read, write, and follow both oral and written instructions.
- Ability to plan work in order to meet established deadlines.
Benefits: Story Medical offers the following great benefits to all it's employees!
- Free access to Story Medical's onsite wellness center
- Iowa Public Employee Retirement System (IPERS)
- Onsite Cafeteria
- Family-Like Environment!
Story County Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment, post-offer physical and drug screen required.