Functional Area: Emergency Department
City/State: Nevada, IA
Employment Type: PRN
Under general supervision, provides basic level emergency medical treatment to patients from neonate through geriatric in both community and hospital settings. Potential for both 12- and 24-hour shifts that includes 'straight pay' for the entire shift.
- Graduate from an accredited EMT program
- Current Iowa EMT-B or advanced EMT certification
- Previous experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of an ambulance
- Current BLS certification (or ability to successfully complete certifications within 60 days of hire)
- Valid Iowa D3 license
- Must have excellent critical-thinking skills, attention to detail, and possess the ability to remain calm under pressure
Benefits: Story Medical offers the following great benefits to all it's employees!
- Free access to Story Medical's onsite wellness center
- Iowa Public Employee Retirement System (IPERS)
- Onsite Cafeteria
- Family-Like Environment!
Story County Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment, post-offer physical and drug screen required.