Director of Human Resources
Functional Area: Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
City/State: Nevada, IA
Employment Type: Regular, Full Time
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the execution of all human resources functions to include recruiting and onboarding, performance management, compensation and benefits, employee relations, training and education, HR communication, as well as internal policies and external laws and regulations. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops the human resources department goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Oversees human resources staff.
- Supports administration in the coordination and implementation of organizational human resources policies and procedures.
- Responsible for preparing key HR-related statistical reports and other periodic reports for administration.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures the organization's compliance.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by administration, on personnel matters.
- Establishes and leads the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures of the organization. Develops strategic recruitment and employment programs to attract the best qualified candidates to the organization.
- Establishes wage and salary structures and conducts market and equity analysis and prepares recommendations. Responsible for the participation in the annual Iowa Hospital Association (IHA) salary and benefits survey.
- Leads the performance management and improvement programs/initiatives.
- Assists administration in the development/renewal of the employee benefits package. Oversees the communication of group insurance and other benefit programs, including during the open enrollment period.
- Develops all human resources training programs. Provides leadership and staff with necessary education and materials, including workshops, manuals, handbooks, reports, etc.
- Identifies and monitors the organization's culture so that it supports S.T.O.R.Y. values and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Manages employee communication and feedback through such avenues as focus groups, staff meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, etc.
- Formulates and recommends human resources policies and procedures with regard to employee relations. Monitors and advises leadership in the progressive discipline policy of the organization by providing guidance when needed and making recommendations for appropriate course of action, including disciplinary and termination.
- Conducts employee complaint and investigations as needed.
- Participates in department head meetings, leadership huddles, staff meetings, and attends other meetings and events as they relate to the human resources function.
- Effectively handles multiple projects, special assignments, and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Psychology, or related field required.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of Human Resources Management experience required, experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) preferred.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, and training and development.
- Above average oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control, or planning of an activity.
Story County Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment, post-offer physical and drug screen required.