Functional Area: South Campus
Department: Food & Nutrition Services
City/State: Nevada, IA
Employment Type: PRN
Under general supervision, prepares and cooks hot foods for patients, employees, visitors, community outpatient services and special functions, working from established recipes and menu cycles. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Incorporates basic food preparation skills utilizing standardized quantified recipes to assure retention of nutritive values, palatability, and appetizing appearance of food served to clients
- Reviews menus and production sheets to determine type and quantities of assigned items to be prepared
- Plans cooking so food is ready at the designated time
- Portions foods attractively and accurately as specified in recipe and/or menu
- Maintains work area in a neat, clean, and orderly manner in accordance with departmental standards
- Assists in the distribution and set-up of patient/resident trays as assigned
- High school education or equivalent desirable, but must be able to read, write, and follow both oral and written instructions
- Previous experience with food methods of preparation, preferably in a healthcare facility
- Ability to plan work in order to meet established deadlines
Benefits: Story Medical offers the following great benefits to all it's employees!
- Free access to Story Medical's onsite wellness center
- Iowa Public Employee Retirement System (IPERS)
- Onsite Cafeteria
- Family-Like Environment!
Story County Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment, post-offer physical and drug screen required.