Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Senior Care (Weekend Package Plus)
Functional Area: Senior Care
Department: Senior Care
City/State: Nevada, IA
Employment Type: Full Time, Weekend Package Plus
Responsible for a wide variety of resident care related duties, including bedside patient care, personal hygiene, and assisting patients as directed by the nurses. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides direct patient care in the form of bathing, feeding, dressing, and toileting residents.
- Properly positions, ambulates, transfers, and lifts patients.
- Monitors resident conditions through vital signs, intake and output, and collection of specimens.
- Reports any changes in physical or mental condition to nurse, either verbally or in writing.
- Promotes resident self-esteem by respecting privacy, conversing in a kind and respectful manner, and encouraging resident independence in activities.
- Follows proper hand hygiene guidelines.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance at work.
Two positions available:
- One weekend package plus position available with hours on Friday from 6:00am - 2:00pm, Saturday from 6:00am - 10:00pm, and Sunday from 6:00am - 2:00pm.
- One weekend package plus position available with hours on Friday from 2:00pm - 6:00am and Saturday and Sunday from 6:00pm - 6:00am.
- Completion of 75-hour Certified Nursing Assistant training program
- Current Iowa CNA license
- Active on Certified Nursing Assistant registry
- BCLS certified within 60 days of hire
- Mandatory Reporter completed within 90 days of hire
Benefits: In addition to Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Health Savings Accounts (HSA), Group Accident & Critical Illness insurance, and disability coverage, Story Medical also offers the following benefits to it's employees:
- Up to $2,000 in Professional Development Assistance
- Free access to Story Medical's onsite wellness center
- Generous PTO Accrual Plan
- Iowa Public Employee Retirement System (IPERS)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Onsite Cafeteria
- Family-Like Environment!
Story County Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment, post-offer physical and drug screen required.