Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Senior Care
Functional Area: Senior Care
Department: Senior Care
City/State: Nevada, IA
Employment Type: Regular, Full Time
Responsible for a wide variety of resident care related duties, including bedside patient care, personal hygiene, and assisting patients as directed by the nurses. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides direct patient care in the form of bathing, feeding, dressing, and toileting residents.
- Properly positions, ambulates, transfers, and lifts patients.
- Monitors resident conditions through vital signs, intake and output, and collection of specimens.
- Reports any changes in physical or mental condition to nurse, either verbally or in writing.
- Promotes resident self-esteem by respecting privacy, conversing in a kind and respectful manner, and encouraging resident independence in activities.
- Follows proper hand hygiene guidelines.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance at work.
One full-time position available with hours Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 2:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Completion of 75-hour Certified Nursing Assistant training program
- Current Iowa CNA license
- Active on Certified Nursing Assistant registry
- BCLS certified within 60 days of hire
- Mandatory Reporter completed within 90 days of hire
Story County Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment, post-offer physical and drug screen required.