Clinic Float RN
Functional Area: Clinics
City/State: Nevada, IA
Employment Type: Regular, Full Time - 40 hours/week
The Clinic Float RN works as part of the clinic healthcare team with patient examinations, phone triage, treatments, and procedures as they may be performed within a clinic setting under the director of the provider within the scope of the professional license. This position could potentially float to the Maxwell and Nevada Clinics, Occupational Health Clinic, and the Outpatient Clinic.
- Apply background knowledge of pathophysiology of disease and nursing skill techniques in initial encounter with patients, recognizing and reporting to the provider any potentially emergency and/or critical symptoms. Serves as a resource for LPN's and CMA's as needed.
- Recognizes and provides appropriate nursing intervention in emergency situations.
- Accurately prepares and administers prescribed medications according to clinic procedures and scope of practice.
- Completes appropriate documentation in the patient's electronic medical record.
- Operates special equipment correctly after receiving instruction.
- Delivers and documents patient teaching and verifies that the patient and/or significant other person is receptive and understands the information.
- Utilizes interpersonal skills to establish and maintain healthy relationships with healthcare providers, co-workers, patients and families.
- Takes patients to exam rooms, charts vitals, notes chief complaint and other required charting activity.
- Performs venipuncture, gives allergy and other injections.
- Maintains medication and immunization records.
- Coordinates on-going patient flow through the clinic.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing for Registered Nurse.
- Current Iowa nursing license.
- BCLS certified within 60 days of employment.
- Mandatory Reporter certification within 90 days of hire.
Benefits: In addition to Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Health Savings Accounts (HSA), Group Accident & Critical Illness insurance, and disability coverage, Story Medical also offers the following benefits to it's employees:
- Up to $2,000 in Professional Development Assistance
- Free access to Story Medical's onsite wellness center
- Generous PTO Accrual Plan
- Iowa Public Employee Retirement System (IPERS)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Onsite Cafeteria
- Family-Like Environment!
Story County Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment, post-offer physical and drug screen required.