Cardiac Rehabilitation RN
Functional Area: Cardiac Rehab
Department: Cardiac Rehab
City/State: Nevada, IA
Employment Type: Regular, Full Time
The Cardiac Rehab RN provides direct patient care in Cardiac Rehabilitation and focuses on the preventive and restorative healthcare needs of the cardiovascular patient. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide direct patient care, as indicated and communicate with referring physician, cardiologist, and/or Medical Director.
- Utilize the clinical assessments in providing specialized care of Cardiac Rehab patients, and work in conjunction with the Exercise Physiologists and the patient on goals for the patients.
- Use interview techniques, diagnostic evaluation results, and personal observation to assess an individual's (adult and geriatric) capacity.
- Conduct counseling sessions with clients (adult and geriatric) to incorporate test results and goals into an individualized exercise prescription and lifestyle modification plan.
- Collect accurate medical history information from patients and families to assess patient and family needs concerning cardiac prevention and disease education.
- Adheres to Standards of Care for Cardiac Rehabilitation and utilizes the nursing process.
- Maintain effective communication with all Story Medical departments. Communicate with other members of the health care team to ensure continuity of care and coordination of services.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all patient, resident, personnel information, and all other hospital information.
Full time, 32 hour position, with hours Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 3:00pm
- Graduate from an accredited and approved nursing program
- Current RN license in the state of Iowa
- Current BLS certification
- Current American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) certification preferred
- Previous critical care experience
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills, and ability to communicate with persons of diverse backgrounds and educational levels
Benefits: In addition to Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Health Savings Accounts (HSA), Group Accident & Critical Illness insurance, and disability coverage, Story Medical also offers the following benefits to it's employees:
- Up to $2,000 in Professional Development Assistance
- Free access to Story Medical's onsite wellness center
- Generous PTO Accrual Plan
- Iowa Public Employee Retirement System (IPERS)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Onsite Cafeteria
- Family-Like Environment!
Story County Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment, post-offer physical and drug screen required.